Senior Account Executive, San Francisco
Torch Communications is a specialized public relations agency serving advanced technology and health care companies. Our clients are diverse, including cutting edge start-ups, growth stage organizations, and longstanding industry leaders. But they all share one common element: the drive to make the world a better place through true scientific and technological innovation.
Our team has deep experience at some of the world’s top public relations agencies, bringing that expertise to a more flexible, client-friendly, “high touch” boutique service model. Founders are directly involved with client management, helping all levels of the team rapidly advance their skills. And our entire team – from interns to the executive suite – weighs in on new client areas to explore, and new capabilities to enhance our service.
Client mix: tech, biotech, finance, health IT, venture capital
Torch enables the developers of some of the world’s most impressive new technologies to achieve their unique business objectives by reaching the right audiences at the right time with efficiency and clarity. Our Senior Account Executives play a critical role in helping maintain productive relationships with clients, the media, and critical institutions and advocates.
Working directly with company founders and account directors, senior associates are directly responsible for maintaining client accounts and successfully executing critical projects. Each day will be different, but core activities will include:
- Research, write, and edit a wide range of communications materials including customized outreach lists, intelligence briefings, press releases and press kit materials, and individualized media pitches
- Develop personal expertise in areas of science and technology relevant to our clients, and spread that fluency within the PR team
- Maintain work flows, and execute on key projects such as media pitching, event planning, and messaging development
- Assist with communications strategy and development of creative programs to help our clients reach their primary audiences
- Assist junior staff with their professional development
- Exceptional communication skills
- At least three-five years of experience (typically more) in a role that requires significant writing, persuasive communications, strategy development, and management of complex projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment — PR agency experience is highly recommended
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts from a mainstream perspective, with strong critical thinking skills that enable those concepts to be discussed in creative, fresh ways
Torch participates in the Federal E-Verify program to confirm employment eligibility. We are an Equal-Opportunity Employer with offices in San Francisco and Boston.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.