PR Vice President, San Francisco
Torch Communications is a boutique public relations agency specializing in science and technology fields. Clients range from early stage start-ups to titans of industry, but all share one common element: they are making the world a better place by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible through rigorous science and technological progress.
Our management team comes from some of the world’s top public relations agencies, bringing that expertise to a more flexible and “high touch” service model. Our entire team helps identify new client prospects, new fields of specialization, and new capabilities to help exceed client expectations.
Everything we do is designed to help our clients reach the right audiences at the right time with efficiency and clarity. Vice Presidents are critical to the evolution of our business — they manage multiple client relationships, identify and drive new business initiatives, and help with the professional development of our entire team.
They work directly with company founders and supervise junior team members; our VPs are responsible for maintaining client accounts and successfully managing critical project. Each day will be different, but the role will:
- Serve as a primary client contact
- Develop and manage strategic communications programs that include media relations and social media strategy
- Maintain strong relationships with technology, business, and science journalists on behalf of clients and the firm, and connect clients with influential reporters
- Develop creative story ideas for our clients and identify unexpected opportunities to incorporate their stories into constantly changing news cycles
- Create specialized PR materials including targeted outreach lists, press kits, social media content, and highly targeted media pitches
- Demonstrate personal expertise in areas of science and technology relevant to our clients (for example, health IT, fintech, artificial intelligence, advanced energy) and help spread that fluency throughout the team
- Drive new business efforts to enhance the company’s client portfolio
- Help maintain existing client relationships, grow our year-to-year work by exceeding client expectations
- Assist with recruitment and professional development of junior staff
- At least eight years of experience (typically more) in an agency setting, actively managing multiple client accounts; media relations experience is required
- Superior communication skills
- Existing relationships with reporters and clients in technology, business or life science sectors
- Experience developing strategic communications programs that include creative visibility efforts, media/influencer relations, and social media components
- Track record of attracting and establishing new client relationships
- Demonstrable leadership and critical thinking skills
Torch participates in the Federal E-Verify program to confirm employment eligibility. We are an Equal-Opportunity Employer with offices in San Francisco and Boston.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.