Account Executive, Boston
Torch Communications is a specialized public relations agency serving advanced health care and technology companies. Our clients are diverse, from early stage start-ups to titans of industry, but they all share one common element: the drive to make the world a better place through scientific and technological innovation.
Our team has more than three decades of experience at some of the world’s top public relations agencies, bringing that expertise to a more flexible and “high touch” boutique service model. Founders are directly involved with client management, helping all levels of the team rapidly advance their skills. Our entire team participates in cultivating new fields to explore, and new capabilities to enhance our service.
Torch enables the developers of some of the world’s most impressive new technologies to achieve their business objectives by reaching the right audiences at the right time with efficiency and clarity. Our Account Executives play a critical role in helping maintain productive relationships with clients, the media, vendors, and important constituencies.
Each day will be different, but core activities will include:
- Researching, writing, and editing a wide range of communications materials including customized outreach lists, intelligence briefings, press releases and press kit materials, as well as individualized media pitches
- Developing personal expertise in areas of science and technology relevant to our clients, and spreading that fluency within the PR team
- Maintaining work flows and executing on key projects such as media pitching, event planning, and messaging development
- Assisting with communications strategy and development of creative programs to help our clients reach their primary audiences
- 2-3 years of communications experience, agency setting preferred
- Fearlessness about brainstorming new ideas, strategies, and tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Can:
- Contribute to drafting of effective strategy memos and plans
- Craft crisp and effective media pitches
- Research adeptly: media lists, landscape intelligence, etc.
- Deliver quality work on time and on budget
- Familiarity with communications research tools such as Cision and Nexis
This position does not pay relocation costs.
Torch Communications participates in the Federal E-Verify program to confirm employment eligibility. We are an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.